In Jamaica, there are major efforts underway to accommodate more international players seeking to invest, do business, or even move their operations to a pro-business destination.
Here are 10 advantages to investing in Jamaica:
1. Stable, democratic government and diverse multi-ethnic culture.
2. Free movement of capital, profits and dividends.
3. Well-developed infrastructure with world class highways and seaports.
4. The third largest English-speaking country in the Western hemisphere.
5. No restrictions on foreign investors borrowing in local and foreign currency.
6. Excellent international telecommunication and internet linkage.
7. Relief of tax burdens via double taxation agreements with countries such as Canada, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Sweden, among others.
8. Ranked as having the Number 1 transhipment port in the Region.
9. Located within 4 hour flight radius of 500 million people with two international airports.
10. Excellent schools, restaurants, malls, and other facilities for expatriates of different cultures to maintain a high quality of life.
RamsaySmith helps businesses navigate Jamaican and international law, including business registration, trademarks, contracts, employment, and taxation.
Contact us today.